- How and when the Club Parkview collects personal information;
- How the Club Parkview uses and discloses personal information;
- How the Club Parkview keeps personal information secure, accurate and up-to-date;
- How an individual can access and correct their personal information; and
- How the Club Parkview will facilitate or resolve a privacy complaint. In order to resolve a complaint, the Club Parkview:
- Privacy Compliant Resolution: If you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected, used or disclosed by us, we have put in place an effective mechanism and procedure for you to contact us so that we can attempt to resolve the issue or complaint.
- Will liaise with you to identify and define the nature and cause of the complaint;
- May request that you detail the nature of the complaint in writing;
- Will keep you informed of the likely time within which we will respond to your complaint;
- Will inform you of the legislative basis (if any) of our decision in resolving such complaint; and
- Keep a record of the complaint and any action taken in the Register of Complaints and Actions. We recommend that you keep this information for future reference.
- Our Contact: We can be e-mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at P O Box 104, Goodna Qld 4013 and our privacy officer will then attempt to resolve the issue or complaint.
1. What is personal information?
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) defines “personal information” to mean information or an opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is reasonably identifiable, from the information or opinion.
2. Sensitive Information
2.1 What is Sensitive Information?
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information. It means information or opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political organisation, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, health information about an individual, genetic information, biometric information that is to be used for the purpose of automated biometric verification or biometric identification or biometric templates.
In general, we attempt to limit the collection of sensitive information we may collect from you, but we may be required to collect sensitive information from you in order to carry out the services provided to you. However, we do not collect sensitive information from you without your consent.
The type of sensitive information we may collect from you or record about you is dependent on the services provided to you by Club Parkview and will be limited to the purpose(s) for which it is collected. We do not use sensitive information to send you Direct Marketing Communications (as defined in paragraph 6 below) without your express consent. We may collect certain types of sensitive information where you have consented and agree to the collection of such information.
Generally speaking, we will obtain this type of consent from you at (or around) the point in time in which we collect the information, but the main type of sensitive information that we may collect (if any) will usually relate to:
2.2. Consent to the collection of certain types of sensitive information
Information about an individual’s gambling habits, including but not limited to philosophical beliefs; and
But only to the extent that where you volunteer such information or if it is necessary for, or incidental to, the purposes of collection set out at paragraph 4 below.
3. Collection of your personal information
We only collect personal information that is necessary for what we do and we hold the personal information we collect within our own data storage devices. The type of information we may collect from you includes depends ultimately upon the purpose of collection and we set out the general purposes of collection at paragraph 4 below.
The type of information we may collect from you includes (but is not limited to) the following:
3.1. Your contact information such as full name (first and last), e-mail address, current postal address, delivery address (if different to postal address) and phone numbers;
3.2. Your date of birth;
3.3. Proof of your date of birth (including, but not limited to, driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate);
3.4. Your participation or interest in any activity or event organised by the Club Parkview;
3.5. Your opinions, statements and endorsements collected personally or via surveys and questionnaires, including but not limited to your views on the products and services offered by the Club Parkview; and
3.6. If you are requesting products or services from us or we are purchasing goods or services from you, then any relevant payment or billing information (including but not limited to bank account details, direct debit and credit card details, billing address, repayment information and invoice details).
3.8. When you engage in certain activities, such as entering a contest or promotion, filling out a survey or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain information. It is completely optional for you to engage in these activities.
3.9. Depending upon the reason for requiring the information, some of the information we ask you to provide may be identified as mandatory or voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information we may be unable to effectively provide our services to you.
4. How we may use and disclose your personal information
4.1. We will only use or disclose your personal information for the primary purposes for which it was collected or as consented to and/or as set out below.
4.2. You consent to us using and disclosing your personal information to facilitate a purpose in connection with:
- If required, the verification of your identity;
- The verification of your date of birth, if applicable;
- The provision of our products and services to you;
- Your participation in any activity or event organised by the Club Parkview;
- Tour ability to attend another member club in Australia or New Zealand;
4.8. To facilitate the administration, management and improvement of the Club Parkview, including but not limited to:
- The use of your personal information collected in accordance with paragraph 3.1 in the Administration and management of the Club Parkview;
- Any annual general meetings and other special meetings of the Club Parkview;
- The administration, management and improvement of our products and services, including charging, billing, credit card authorisation and verification, checks for financial standing, credit-worthiness (including but not limited to undertaking an assessment for credit loss and obtaining credit references, if applicable), fraud and collecting debts and business systems and infrastructure;
- Marketing, updates and promotional activities by us and our related bodies (including by direct marketing messages) such as our customer loyalty programs and newsletters;
- To provide customer service functions, including handling customer enquiries and complaints;
- To offer you updates, or other content or products and services that may be of interest to you;
Our compliance with applicable laws;
- The sale, and matters in connection with a potential sale, of our business or company to a third party; and
- Any other matters reasonably necessary to continue to provide our products and services to you.
4.18. We may also use or disclose your personal information and in doing so we are not required to seek your additional consent:
- When it is disclosed or used for a purpose related to the primary purposes of collection detailed above and you would reasonably expect your personal information to be used or disclosed for such a purpose;
- If we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious or imminent threat to an individual’s life, health or safety or to lessen or prevent a threat to public health or safety;
- If we have reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, or is being, engaged in; or
- If it is required or authorised by law.
4.22. In the event we propose to use or disclose such personal information other than for reasons in
4.1, 4.2, and 4.3 above, we will first seek your consent prior to such disclosure or use.
5. The types of organisations to which we may disclose your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of the Club Parkview. Examples of organisations and/or parties that your personal information may be provided to include:
- The Goodna Sub-branch;
- Clubs affiliated with Clubs Qld;
- Related entities and subsidiaries of the Club Parkview;
- Third parties, such as trade suppliers, sponsors of the Club Parkview or sponsors of events run by the Club Parkview; and
- Our contractors and agents, including but not limited to our professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors and auditors or other companies who assist us in providing our products and services to you.
6. Direct Marketing
Without limitation clause 6.1, if it is within your reasonable expectations that we send you Direct Marketing Communications given the transaction or communication you have had with us, then we may also use your personal information for the purpose of sending you Direct Marketing Communications which we consider may be of interest to you.
7. Cross Border Disclosure
7.1 If you do not agree to the transfer of your personal information outside Australia, please contact us via the details set out at the top of this document.
7.2 We have taken steps to help ensure your personal information is safe. You will appreciate, however, that we cannot guarantee the security of all transmissions or personal information, especially where the Internet is involved.
- Make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- Destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for its purpose of collection.
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- Access to and correction of your personal information
7.3 If you would like access or correct any records of personal information we have about you, you are able to access, update and correct that information (subject to the above) please contact us on the details set out at the top of this policy.
- Keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information (such as your name or address).
8.2 However, the accuracy of personal information depends largely on the information you provide to us, so we recommend that you:
- Protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure both physically and through computer security methods; and
8.3 Notwithstanding the above, we will take reasonable steps to: –
9. Data quality and security
9.2 Any personal information provided to the Club Parkview may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Australia, where we may utilise overseas data and website hosting facilities or have entered into contractual arrangements with third party service providers to assist the Club Parkview with providing our goods and services to you. Personal information may also be processed by staff or by other third parties operating outside Australia who work for us or for one of our suppliers, agents, partners or related companies.
9.3 If at any time you do not wish to receive any further Direct Marketing Communications from us, you may ask us not to send you any further information about products and services and not to disclose your information to other organisations for that purpose. You may do this at any time by using the “unsubscribe” facility included in the email or by contacting us on the details set out at the top of this policy.
9.4 You expressly consent to us using your personal information, including any email address you give to us, to provide you with information and to tell you about our products, services or events or any other direct marketing activity (including third party products, services, and events) (Direct Marketing Communications) which we consider may be of interest to you.